Reporting Your Child's Absence
- If your child is too unwell to attend school please make sure you ring us on 0191 2008030 and either speak to a member of school staff or leave a message (choose option 1) explaining why your child is absent that day.
- Children who have a runny nose, a mild cough or a sore throat do not need to stay off school. If you are unsure whether your child is well enough to come in, or not, please feel free to bring them in and we will help you make that decision. We can also keep them in school and contact you should they become more poorly.
- If your child has had an upset stomach, they do not need to stay off for 48 hours. If they are feeling better and have no further symptoms, bring them into school.
- If you have to take your child out of school for an appointment e.g. doctors, dentist, opticians, hospital, we will ask to see a copy of the letter you received or an appointment card.
- Where possible, please avoid taking children to appointments during the school day. School finishes at 3:20pm meaning there is time for appointments after school.
- If your child already has a significant amount of absence, we may not authorise the absence unless you have a letter from the doctor.