You can get twice-weekly rapid lateral flow COVID-19 test if you are symptom free, if you are a member of a household, childcare bubble or support bubble of:
- A member of staff who work in a primary school or secondary school or
- A pupil who attends primary or secondary school.
Twice weekly testing is available through the following:
Please note this does not apply to:
Secondary school pupils, and primary and secondary school staff, who should take twice-weekly tests using home test kits provided by their school.
Primary school pupils, as they should NOT be subject to regular asymptomatic testing and only to need to come forward for tests if they have symptoms.
How to collect a home test kit from a collection point in North Tyneside
- Test kits can be collected from the local test sites located at The Parks Leisure Centre, Terrace Room, Howdon Road, North Shields or Coronation Street Care Park, Wallsend between the hours of 1pm and 7pm you do not need an appointment. Other collection test sites are available and can be found here: COVID Test Finder (test-and-trace.nhs.uk)
- You can collect two packs of 7 rapid lateral flow self-test kits per individual and up to a maximum of 4 packs where justifiable for example for very large or extended families.
- Each individual must register the test and record the results at home, using the NHS website or through the 119 call centre for positive, negative and void results.
- Any individual who undertakes a test at home and reports a positive lateral flow self-test MUST undertake a further test to confirm the result by ordering a PCR test online or by booking to attend for a PCR test at a local test site here: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
Home test kits MUST NOT be used for any individual who has symptoms of COVID-19. Anyone with symptoms should book to attend for a PCR test at a local test site here: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test